Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In which I lack adequate photos

Happy {day after} Memorial Day! Did you enjoy the holiday? We sure did.
Matt has to work most holidays, but he requested yesterday off. Woohoo! We started our day with a walk to the park with some friends. Unfortunately, we were having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures. Lets just say that it looked something like this:


but 2 months later, warmer clothes and another family with us. You'll have to use your imagination.

Bennett is really into the rock-scooper-seat-thing that they have. Now that we're over putting rocks in our mouth it's a lot of fun. He loves to sit on our laps and try to work the handles to move the rocks. He could do it for hours!

Then we headed to Des Moines for the afternoon/evening. I dropped Matt of to do a bit lot of disc golfing with some friends and then Bennett and I went to Matt's parents. We were already late for Bennett's nap at this point. Once we got to Grandma, Papa & The Aunt's house all hope of a nap had pretty much faded. Bennett loves to be at their house. He sees their trampoline and he can hardly contain himself. I tried to let him play for a while and then lay him down for a nap, but he was having none of it. Soooo, after a whole lot of crying, we decided to skip the nap yesterday.

We had an awesome supper with our families. My parents and brother came over as well. I'm pretty sure that Bennett ate half his weight in baked beans and grapes. He loves to eat (when it's something he likes)! Again, no pictures. Don't worry, I'll get with this picture thing eventually.

We're still recovering from the lack of nap and late night last night. Bennett got up in the middle of the night for the first time in a month or so last night and tried to refuse his nap again today. not. happening. In fact, I think I'm going to go lay down as well. Rested mama = better mama.

Hopefully we can spend some time outside this afternoon without feeling like I'm dying. Can you die from seasonal allergies? I'm pretty sure it's possible. Maybe we'll have to make a trip to the pool soon, that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment