Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kisses

4-day-old Bennett

I cannot keep my lips off this kid's face. Those cheeks and those lips demand to be kissed as often as possible.

A few days ago, Bennett was trying to either put something in or take something out of a wall outlet. I can't remember, but really, those details don't matter. I corrected him several times and he was not listening. Finally I scooped him up to correct him closer, but as I was going on and on about how "we don't play with outlets...it could hurt you very badly...you need to obey mommy..." I was kissing those adorable cheeks. I laughed and the following conversation ensued:

Me: Maybe you would take me a bit more seriously if I wasn't kissing you while correcting you. Maybe I should kiss you less.
Bennett: NO! {with his bottom lip sticking out}
Me: No? You think that I need to kiss you more?
Bennett: {enthusiastically nods his head "yes"}

You're right, little boy. I need to hug and kiss you as much as I can, because someday...someday, you aren't going to want my kisses. Someday...I'm going to drop you off for school and lean over to give you a kiss and you are going to say, "Mom! Not in front of my friends!". Someday...you are going to put yourself to bed & not want a goodnight kiss. Someday...you're going to give all of your kisses to a girl. I'm praying a godly girl, but another girl nonetheless. So, in the meantime, I'm going to kiss you as much as I please and pray that you stop growing up so quickly!


4-month-old Bennett

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Shannon! Keep kissing him while you can! The time goes by so quickly....and then...yes...some other girl will be kissing him :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete