Monday, February 27, 2012

Moments

There are times, in the middle of a normal, everyday activity that I realize I'm experiencing a moment that I never want to forget.

Tonight was one of those times. Bennett insisted that we go into the kitchen to play "basketball". I brought in a laundry basket, but it turned out that he just wanted to play catch. About five minutes in, I knew that I had to capture this time so that I could remember it forever (that is, if I don't end up deleting all my pictures again).

I don't even care that you can see that the floor hasn't been swept in days, the trash is overflowing &Bennett's face is dirty. Because, honestly? That's how it is. Shouldn't that be how we remember it? How it really was? &this is how it was...messy &oh-so-much fun. Someday I will want to remember the genuine smiles and laughter of this innocent little boy.











2 comments:

  1. He looks older than when we were there! Must be getting ready to turn two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the cars on his feet that make him look older. lol.
    Just joking...he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete