Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winter Who?


The weather here has been ca-razy! We've had several days in the 50's in the last week, which is super unusual for winter in the midwest! We've definitely taken advantage because the snow and frigid temps are inevitable.

Bennett &I have taken a couple of walks to the park near our house. Well, I've actually been jogging part of the way. I am absolutely not a runner. I have never enjoyed running, but recently, I've had several dreams where I've been running just to run and it felt awesome. So, with this inexplicable urge I've had, I've put our jogging stroller to use and it actually has felt good. I dunno...

Annnnyway....normally when we go to the park there's hardly anyone there. It's not a very big park, really, so a few kids feel like a lot. Apparently the whole neighborhood needs time in the sun as much as we do because it's been pretty full the last two times we've gone. Last time, Bennett didn't even want to get out of the stroller until most of the kids left. I guess they're super intimidating.

Today, there was one woman there with what I can only assume were her 9 daycare kids. While they were there, Bennett would only wander as far as the little slide so he could throw rocks on it. There were a few older kids who asked him if he wanted to play with them. He said "ok", but totally didn't have anything else to do with them. When they left a little while later, he yelled "BYE!" to them about 15 times and headed off to explore by himself. Well, until another little girl (who I'd guess to be about a year older than Bennett) came. I was expecting the same reaction that he had to the other kids. She came up to him and asked if he wanted to play and he said, "yah, ok." and hurried to go down the slide right after her. 21-month-olds are not predictable.

There was, of course, a huge fit thrown when it was time to leave. He got over it fairly quickly, but I felt a little bad dragging him away knowing that it will probably be a while before he gets to play outside again. Those cold temps are supposed to be here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment