Saturday, March 17, 2012

10 Weeks (&5 days)!

Okay, so now that word is finally "officially" out there, I've got some fun things planned for this blog! 

I'm 10 weeks & 5 days today. We found out the end of January & managed to keep it almost a secret until my birthday on February 10th. We bought Bennett a "Big Brother" shirt and had him wear it at my family get together for my birthday. 

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, 4 days and everything looked good. Baby was measuring 2 days behind, so 7 weeks & 2 days, but it wasn't enough of a difference to change my due date. I'm due October 8th, but given the 2 day difference plus I went 3 days over with Bennett, I'm shooting for the 11th.  I'm going to the same OB's office as when I had Bennett and have the same insurance, but for some reason, they didn't do an early ultrasound with Bennett. It was nice to be able to see the heartbeat (149) that early!

I just had my first official appointment this week and got to hear the heartbeat again (177). Bennett's heart rate was always high. I don't think it was ever below 160, but my OB said that most baby's heart rates are high at the beginning. I'm interested to see if this one's mellows out or not.

Bennett is as excited as an almost 2-yr-old can be. When we ask him what is in mommy's tummy he says "BABY!". When I ask if he thinks it's a girl baby or a boy baby he says "Girl Baby." Always. 

I'm feeling pretty good. Very tired and a bit nauseous, but I've only actually thrown up once. I didn't get sick at all with Bennett, so that was a surprise.  

Pregnancy: 10 weeks, 5 days
Due Date: October 8th, 2012

Weight Gain: -3.5 pounds I haven't had much of an appetite & have plenty of food aversions...mainly to anything I cook. If someone else makes it, it's golden.

Sleep: I have the best husband ever. He works mostly afternoon/evening, so he has been getting up with Bennett in the mornings and letting me sleep in...almost every day! I've been so tired, and this has been the best thing Matt could do for me!

Gender: Hopefully finding out in May.

Feeling: Really great! 

Movement: None yet, but I felt Bennett as 15 weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

Belly: I made the switch to maternity pants this week. I had one pair of jeans that were still fitting. I started wearing maternity pants with Bennett at 13 weeks, so I guess it's not super crazy that I've switched already.

Next Appointment: OB: Tuesday, April 10th at 14 weeks. I think we'll have the anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks. It's crazy to think that's only 2 appointments away!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you! Maybe it's a girl with RED hair, that would be fun! :) Yes, I am biased. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! We're hoping for a girl, but of course, we will be just as thrilled with another boy.

      Delete