Friday, July 8, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day



Have you ever been at the food court of the mall and seen a bunch of people dressed like cows? Yes? No? Regardless, today, we were those people. Today was Chick-Fil-A's "Cow Appreciation Day". They gave free meals to anyone dressed like a cow! Bennett & I love Chick-Fil-A. Well, I love Chick-Fil-A. Bennett would probably eat any chicken nugget you set in front of him. I didn't realize it until we were on our way to the mall, but Matt had never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A before. I guess he was working every time that we've gone. Anyway, they have pretty much thee best chicken nuggets I've ever had and their service is amazing for a fast food place. I can't help but love them.

I heard about Cow Appreciation Day quite a while a go and decided that Bennett & I would go. I was pretty excited when we discovered that Matt had today off and I asked him if he would participate with us, doubting that he would want to look so foolish. To my surprise, he was totally on board and didn't complain about it once. (Have I mentioned how much I love this man?) Sooo, I cut out some spots & "Eat Mor Chikin" with felt and safety pinned them to white shirts we already had. Super fancy. I had great aspirations to knit us some spotted hats, but that didn't happen. Whatever. Maybe next year.

 It was great going to the counter to order and seeing the total on the cash register read $0.00 when we were done ordering. Fantastic! I'm thinking this needs to be a yearly tradition!



Bennett was not a fan of the cow, who amazingly was shorter than I am. He did decide she was okay enough to give a high five to after I did.



We didn't bring Bennett's sippy cup, so he got to drink straight from the milk container. He thought he was pretty cool.

After lunch we let Bennett play on the "squishy playground" (there has to be an official name for this) for a while. Matt hadn't been able to see him play on this yet either. Bennett was excited to show off his skills to his Daddy.




 This was the scene about 5 minutes after we left the mall. Don't worry, Matt was driving.

As if we didn't get enough excitement for one day, after supper Matt & I took Bennett to the pool for an hour or so. Matt also hadn't been to the pool with him since he was really little. It was a huge day of firsts for Matt. Oh! Did you notice Bennett's haircut?! My mom cut it for him the other day and I think he looks so grown up. I like it a lot, but it makes me a little sad that my little boy definitely looks like a toddler now. Time for another? (not quite yet...that's the answer to that question, fyi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment