Wednesday, July 13, 2011

V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n

We're going on vacation! I'm pretty excited. Just a little. We leave tonight. Bennett's getting excited, but his idea of packing and my idea of packing are very different. He's decided that we need to bring a big ball, one flip flop, two throw pillows and a plastic rake.


Mine looks a little more like this:
Oh yeah, there's a back side to that. Do you notice the color coding? After reading this post, my friend Sarah McElvaney gave me a set of Gelly Roll Pens! I've been using them almost daily.

Anyway, we are going to Colorado with all of Matt's family (His dad, mom, 3 sisters & 1 brother-in-law). We'll be gone for 10 or 11 days (we haven't quite decided). I have some family that lives in Colorado & we're going to stay at their house one night. I'm pretty excited to see them! My cousin (technically, technically my first cousin once removed...or my dad's cousin) has a daughter who is almost exactly 6 months younger than Bennett and we haven't seen each other since before either of them was born. I can't wait to meet her little girl! We'll also see my Aunt & Uncle (technically great aunt & uncle, but whatever). We last saw them when Bennett was about 6 weeks old.

We've gone on vacation with Matt's family years ago and have tons of memories and fun stories from our trips. I'm excited to create some new memories. I also can't wait to have Matt away from work for a week and a half & enjoy the beauty of Colorado! I have a couple of posts auto posted for while I'm gone, just so that things don't get boring here. I might get a chance to post a little while I'm gone, but we'll see about that. I might just spend all my time enjoying our family.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me about this styling spray you use for Bennett. Marley's hair is a mess! Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Suave brand kids' spray. I don't remember the exact name of it but it's just the one for "bed head". It's deep in my suitcase right now. I'll look and see what it is when we see you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete