Thursday, June 23, 2011

Naptime

Bennett has been taking pretty regular naps for a really long time. When we figured out his regular schedule, he took 2 naps for like a month. After that, just one nap was all he needed. So, for the last 5-6 months he's been napping from roughly 1:30-3:30 or 4:30 every day. It's been great to have a reliable couple of hours to waste time on the Internet get stuff done every day.


The past week or so, I've been laying Bennett down (as usual) & he talks and sings to himself for a while (as usual) & then it's silent for a while (as usual) and then I hear him talking & singing to himself again. We're talking 20....30....40....60....sometimes even 90 minutes later!   E v e n t u a l l y   he goes to sleep and then sleeps his usual 2-3 hours. This means that sometimes he's in his bed for 4 hours in the afternoon! There have been a few days that I've laid him down at 1:00 and he hasn't wanted out of his crib until 5:00! Ridiculous.


Contrary to what the picture above shows, he doesn't have any toys in his crib. He has his blanket and his mini pillow pet, which he uses as a pillow. I have no idea what he does in there for the hour or so prior to falling asleep. I kinda wish I had one of those fancy video monitors just so I can see what Crazy is doing to keep himself entertained.

Now that I'm thinking about it, he's doing this at bedtime also. It doesn't matter if I let him stay up later, either, so I don't think it has anything to do with him not being tired. I'm glad he likes his crib so much, but darn it, I miss him when he's sleeping the whole afternoon away.

No comments:

Post a Comment